Working for the whole organisation and generating new business through clearly executed business growth strategies. Taking customer service to the highest level, the Sales Engineer builds relationships with major customers and acts as the customers guide and advocate in every interaction with the business. The Sales Engineer educates the customer about what the business offers, sell the Company’s products and services and manage the work that the organisation provides for a customer.
Apply for this job
- Develop new market areas
- Generate new sales opportunities
- Support existing OEM, resellers and direct accounts
- Meet agreed sales targets
- Provide technical sales support
- Produce monthly sales and visit reports
- Provide market feedback to the business
- Support product updates and new product introduction
- Work with Marketing to support events, identify target markets and support the development of data sheets
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Experience in business development in an electronic system design and manufacturer operation or similar
- Able to travel frequently to meet business requirements
- Excellent skills in communication and negotiation
- Understanding of engineering principles
- Experience in dealing with distributors, OEM,s and resellers
- The ability to multi task effectively
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Good team player
- Working knowledge of one or more European languages
- SC – Security Cleared or able to become security cleared
- Familiar with ISO9001: 2000
A position profile does not imply that the duties stated are the only ones to be performed by the incumbent. Employees will be required to follow any other reasonable job-related instruction as reasonably requested.
Lymington is a vibrant hub situated on the South Coast. The area boasts unparalleled leisure opportunities from water sport in the Solent through horse riding in the New Forest, with the nightlife of Bournemouth and Southampton less than 1/2 hour in each direction.
About Gill Research & Development
Established twenty-eight years ago and now employing over 75 people, Gill Research & Development Limited has rapidly expanded to become a leading supplier of innovative solutions to such varied industries as Motorsport, Defence, Medical, Aerospace, Process Control and Meteorology. We are involved in the full product lifecycle, from initial pure research through design and development to manufacture in small to medium volumes.
We strive to apply best practice and have the support of industry recognised tools to deliver class leading products.
As a privately owned company, Gill recognises the importance of home life and provides superb conditions, at its newly refurbished office and factory in Lymington. Employees are encouraged to be innovative and challenge the status quo as we forge ahead with extension of our product ranges to continue our successful growth strategy.
Every employee can influence the success and direction of the company through their individual contribution. We have the flexibility to adapt to take full advantage of each person’s skills and experience.
A position profile does not imply that the duties stated are the only ones to be performed
by the incumbent. Employees will be required to follow any other reasonable job-related
instruction as required.
Direct applicants only – agency applications will not be accepted.